Thursday, February 17, 2011

Boulevard of Broken Dreams

{I walk alone, I walk alone.}

I find myself standing in the middle of a busy street. People and cars zoom past me. I feel small and lost in such a big, big world.
{I walk alone, I walk alone}

It's pouring and I look up at the sky as the rain drops soak my clothes. A missed opportunity. This was my one chance, to make it all happen, in the one city where they say dreams come true. Now i've got nowhere to go, nothing to do. I hear sirens racing down the narrow road - the boulevard of broken dreams. {I walk alone, I walk alone.} Street shops and cafes have been shut down, but somehow people have still managed to go on, to visit. But how? How could they, when it felt like my world was crumbling down right in front of me. But, it's come to an end, as they rain continues to fall on my face and roll down my cheeks. This is my boulevard of broken dreams.

{I walk alone, I walk alone.}

No comments:

Post a Comment